bibliographic decontrol

the kids will have their seitan

Monday, June 26, 2006

Testing, testing, 1-2-3.

I made the pesto from the cooking blog late, but wanted to take pictures just to test this whole thing out. I took multiple pictures of the broccoli just sitting on the cutting board.

I decided that since I've never even had pesto (at least, I can't really remember it), I'd pretty much stick to the recipe. I used way more garlic, cause I like it that way. Also, I used the almonds instead of the pine nuts, because I don't like pine nuts.

My blender is small, so I decided that I'd blend the non-broccoli stuff first, and then the broccoli, and then mix it all up in a large bowl.

The pesto itself didn't look very appetizing in the bowl, but I put it on some elbow pasta, and cut up a tomato into small pieces and tossed it all together with a little more olive oil. It was tasty, but my camera didn't have any battery life left at this point, so you'll just have to believe me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

yummy!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

so the almonds blended well? i really like almonds and pine nuts both, but i (thought i) didn't have any around. then found pine nuts later!

7:52 PM  
Blogger stagflation said...

yes, quite well. next time i make it, i'm going to try using sunflower seeds (since somebody left a bunch at my house, and i don't know what else to do with them).

12:20 PM  
Blogger mishka said...

sunflower seeds would add such a great flavour to that pesto!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home