bibliographic decontrol

the kids will have their seitan

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Leftovers

I'm leaving for a few weeks in just a couple of days, so I wanted to get rid of the leftovers from the squash dish. I decided to try making a squash soup, even though it isn't really summer food.

I roasted the squash (it was half a squash), and then let it cool down a little.

Then I fried some onion, garlic, and chilli pepper flakes in a little olive oil.


Then I added the squash, about 2 teaspoons of red curry paste, and the remaining coconut milk (400ml - 250ml = 150 ml).

Then I added two cups of vegetable stock.

I pureed it with my hand blender, and then added the juice from a lime I had left.


Ta-da. It was good, but definitely not really summer material. If I had leftover cilantro, that might have made a nice addition.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

oh that sounds good! have fun while you're away!

and that reminds me...i still have that squash! don't know if i'm going to end up using it before i go out of town either.

4:18 PM  
Blogger stagflation said...

The soup was quite good today, when I had just rode my bike through torrential rain for about 25 minutes.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

nice 4th of July plate. ha ha. do you miss Tremonti yet?

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home